If your heater breaks in the winter, your brain’s first reaction is to send waves of anxiety throughout your body. That’s normal, but don’t let these initial emotions get a hold of you. Stay cool (not cold). Panicking doesn’t help.
Remain calm. Formulate a plan. If you have a trusted HVAC technician, this is the time to call/email them. If nobody comes to mind, start researching the most reliable, local contractors. Browse reviews and testimonials (and blogs!) so you can get help fast. Chances are if you’re reading this post, it’s not solely because of our wonderfully entertaining content. You likely discovered this from family or friends who have used us for hot water heater repair around Bensalem, PA. What we are trying to say is, we are here for you when you need us most.
Ok. So, your heater is shot, you called us, and we are on our way. Now what?
Party time! Sulking, complaining or ranting on Facebook isn’t going boost the temperature. Here are some ways to make the best of a brutally cold situation:
- Layer up immediately – Comfort and safety are key. Start with a long-sleeve thermal t-shirt or compression shirt. From there, you can continue adding clothing on top of clothing on top of clothing. If you still have that Snuggie that you got as a gag gift in 2013, run to the attic and get it.Important things to remember: Cover your hands, feet, ears and the top of your head. These are four places where heat escapes.
- Grab candles and space heaters – If you have candles or a space heater, now is the time to brush the dust off of them and put them to use. Also, if you have a fireplace, fire it up immediately. Even if you hardly use it, always keep excess wood around just in case.
- Cook up some hot food. It doesn’t matter if you want to make bacon and eggs or chili cheeseburgers, your stove and oven are two of your best friends when the heat goes out.
- Start dancing – Exercise and movement help get the blood flowing, which will warm you up right away. Some “hot” songs to add to your playlist:
- The Doors – Light My Fire
- Billy Joel – We Didn’t Start the Fire
- Nelly – Hot in Herre
- Jimi Hendrix – Fire
- Mims – This is Why I’m Hot
In conclusion, losing heat is never fun, so stay prepared. Always have emergency contractors ready. This includes HVAC crews, electricians, and plumbers. And, the next time you need hot water heater replacement services around Bensalem, PA, give Dowd a shout, and we will be there to add warmth to your home.