Humidifier Installation & Repairs in Bucks & Montgomery County, PA
Humidifier Repair Services in Bensalem
As most homeowners know, one of the most common consequences of heating in the winter is the dry air many central heating systems create. It aggravates allergies, causes chapped lips and dry skin, and can make breathing downright uncomfortable. But it doesn’t have to be this way! It’s possible to control the level of humidity in your home and end these problems once and for all.
When you install a whole-house humidifier in your Bensalem home, you will not only be able to breathe easier during the winter, but also help reduce or eliminate static electricity, keep your wood floors and furniture healthy, and prevent your skin and lips from drying out and cracking.
Controlling the air in your home is so important because this can help with your breathing, as well as allowing you to make the air cleaner and more comfortable for you and your family. In order to achieve this, you need to make sure you sort out getting a dehumidifier installed in your Bucks County, Levittown home as soon as you possibly can.
Whole-House Humidifier Installation & Replacement
We can install a whole-house humidifier for your forced air heating system to improve the overall comfort of your home this winter, and when it’s time for a replacement, we can do that, too! The professionals at Dowd Mechanical can efficiently install or replace your whole-house humidifier so you never experience a lapse in comfort again!
You can do this using a humidifier or a dehumidifier; these both do a similar job of improving indoor humidity levels. While a dehumidifier decreases the humidity in a room as a result of high moisture, a humidifier increases humidity in the event of dry air. You need to look at bringing in trained experts to help service your Montgomery County, PA installation as soon as possible.
Whole-House Humidifier Repair & Maintenance
If you have a whole-house humidifier in your home that isn’t regulating humidity levels properly, the Bensalem HVAC technicians at Dowd Mechanical are here to help you. We can repair any problem, large or small—and we provide exceptional humidifier maintenance services to ensure your system runs efficiently.
You want to investigate whole-house humidifier installation, as well as using the online form on our website in order to book a service and get some repairs done. There are a few companies in and around Bucks County that you might consider, but at Dowd Mechanical, we offer comprehensive and exceptional services that homeowners across Montgomery County, PA need to take full advantage of.
The Benefits of a Whole-House Humidifier
To many homeowners, the greatest advantage of a whole-house humidifier is its ability to provide a comfortable level of humidity without breeding or spreading mold and mildew. This is in contrast to the humidifiers that use a reservoir where water can stagnate—a perfect environment for mold and mildew growth.
Some other benefits of whole-house humidifiers include:
- They can reduce heating bills, as the moisture in the air can actually make it feel warmer
- They can help ease coughs, colds, flu, and hay fever
- They reduce static electricity and improve your indoor air quality
- The moist air is easier on your lungs, allowing asthma sufferers to breathe and sleep easier
- Moisture keeps wood floors, furniture, wallpaper, etc. hydrated and prevents cracking
- Humidifiers can help reduce dust particles and kill bacteria
Types of Whole-House Humidifiers
There are three main types of whole-house humidifiers you can choose from for your home:
- Spray mist humidifiers– As the name suggests, spray mist humidifiers spray a fine mist directly into your ducts, which is picked up by moving air and carried throughout your home. Spray mist humidifiers require the least amount of maintenance of the three whole-house humidifier types. In fact, the only thing you need to deal with is an occasional hard water scale, but even this can be easily cleaned before it causes any damage to your humidifier.
- Flow-through humidifiers– Also called bypass humidifiers, flow-through humidifiers use a moist pad, usually made of foam or expanded aluminum, installed directly in the ducts that allow air to pick up moisture as it flows through. Any moisture not picked up by the flow-through humidifier is drained into a pan at the base of the whole-house humidifier. Maintenance on flow-through humidifiers is pretty simple—all it takes is a pad replacement about once a year to prevent clogs or mold accumulation.
- Drum humidifiers– Consisting of a foam or fabric belt that spins on a drum over a water reservoir, drum humidifiers wick moisture up from the reservoir, which evaporates as heated air blows over it. Drum humidifiers are the cheapest of the three types of whole-house humidifiers, but they also require the most maintenance, requiring periodic cleaning to prevent mold growth.
At Dowd Mechanical, we can provide whole-house humidifier services for any type of system you want, and we can help you select the right one for your home.
Start Improving Your Home’s Health & Comfort Today!
If you’re tired of dealing with dry, uncomfortable air during the winter, contact our Bensalem HVAC experts. We can provide any whole-house humidifier services you may need from installation and replacement to repair and maintenance.
Our technicians cover areas including Levittown, Bucks County, Montgomery County, and many more besides. You need to look at how you can find the best dehumidifier repair services in Bucks County so that you are able to make your home as great as possible. This is an important consideration, and you must look at how to best to manage your air quality.
Are you ready to experience home comfort like never before? At Dowd Mechanical, we provide exceptional whole-house humidifier services in Bensalem and throughout Buck County. Contact us today at 215.607.6448 to schedule an appointment!