Now that summer is here in Bensalem and surrounding areas; we are seeing temperatures sitting in the 90s and above, we are sure that people are finding ways of staying cool. However, some people are struggling with finding ways to cool off during the heat. Did you go out and buy a fan? Is it a window AC unit?
Are you putting your head in the freezer hoping to cool down? Are you trying to find all these different methods to cool down because your home cooling unit is busted, needs maintenance, or when the cooling runs, is it the most expensive thing ever? Avoid the hassle of trying to find ways to stay sane in the heat.
If you haven’t figured it out yet, your system may need replacement or severe maintenance. If you can say yes to off any of these below, it’s time to look for a contractor to get a replacement.
- Is the air conditioner is more than 10 to 15 years old?
- Is your system is requiring frequent repairs?
- Is the original SEER of your AC is lower than 13?
- Has your utility bill climbed to a higher and higher price to run this system?
If you’ve said yes, it’s time to take the chance on looking into a new system for your home. It is time to decide if you want too self-install this unit or look for a contractor. There are pros and cons to both. You also have to think about the convince of both as well, take this all on yourself or hire someone?
If you want to self-install here are things to consider.
Your duct system:
- Are they the original air ducts for your home?
- When is the last time your air ducts have been cleaned out?
- Do you know if there are any issues of mold?
- Will your home need a condensate pump?
If that’s not enough, you’ll need to know about the unit. It’s essential that your install gets calculated correctly.
You’ll need to know:
- How big or how small the unit should be.
- The heating and cooling efficiency ratings: SEER, AFUE, HSPF.
- You need to calculate how much cooling and heating capacity the unit should have to keep the home comfortable or know how to calculate the load of the house.
The load of the home: This is calculated depending on the home’s square footage, building construction, orientation to the sun, R-value of insulation, number, size, placement of rooms, number of bedrooms, size of each room, placement of windows, doors, the types of windows and doors, the number of floors, and overall climate.
You could take the entire headache of this work and hire a contractor to figure out this calculation. We here at Dowd Mechanical, are here to help. If you go with Dowd, you’ll no longer need a standing fan or a window AC unit. Let Dowd assist with installing a new home unit; we offer to provide the full range of air conditioning services in Bensalem and throughout Bucks County. We handle everything from minor repairs to complete system upgrades and installations.
With two decades of experience, we are certified to inspect, calculate, and install the correct system for your home. We offer both standard home AC / Heating units for installation as well as the option of a ductless air system.
If you would like to learn more about either system, please contact us today to help you decide. We do offer a free estimate. Dowd Mechanical can help explain all your options and provide honest and fair evaluations. All our HVAC products including ductless systems come with comprehensive warranties, and you can be sure that the installation is completed in a correct and timely manner.