As we’re writing this, the official change to the fall season is only a few days away. This doesn’t mean the weather instantly turns cold after that date passes. But the transitional period of fall is the ideal time to make winter plans for your home.
The most important fall-preparation step is to have your heating system thoroughly inspected and tuned up. This job requires professionals; you can’t try to go DIY for full maintenance service on your furnace or any other type of heating system.
Join Our Residential Maintenance Program
At Down Mechanical, we offer high-quality air conditioning and heating maintenance in Bensalem, PA, and the surrounding areas. Joining our residential maintenance program makes both AC and heating maintenance straightforward and also rewards you with special membership benefits:
- A 10% discount on repairs
- Priority scheduling and after-hours calls at no additional cost
- Emergency services with no overtime fees
These are just the program benefits. These major benefits of maintenance come from the service our technicians provide each fall when they come to your home to give your heater its pre-season tune-up and inspection.
How You Benefit From Regular Heating Maintenance
Receiving maintenance from our experienced technicians each fall provides many great time-saving, comfort-saving, and money-saving advantages:
- Improved system performance: Maintenance helps make a heater more reliable as well as more powerful and effective. You’ll enjoy strong airflow and high heating capacity that makes it easy to keep your house at the right comfort level no matter the outdoor temperature.
- Lower operating costs: A heater accumulates plenty of wear and tear during the winter, and this will affect its general energy efficiency. Without maintenance, this strain will make the heater more expensive to run each year. With maintenance, you’ll only see a slight decline (maybe 5%) over most of the heater’s service life.
- Safer operation: This is a critical part of maintenance for gas-powered furnaces and boilers. These heater types aren’t inherently dangerous, but they can become so if they don’t have annual safety inspections to ensure they have no emerging faults and to check that their safety measures are working accurately.
- Fewer breakdowns: This is one of the best benefits of maintenance—knowing there’s little chance your home will get trapped with a failed heater when the winter temperatures are at their lowest.
- Fewer repairs: More than half the repairs a heating system may need over its service life are preventable thanks to diligent professional maintenance.
- Warranty protection: Annual maintenance is a requirement on many manufacturers’ warranties to keep the warranty valid for its full period.
You’ll Have AC Maintenance in Spring as Well
Remember, our residential maintenance program also covers your air conditioning system. You’ll enjoy the same benefits for your home cooling system when you’re ready to have it inspected and tuned up in the spring. The combined savings throughout the year from our maintenance program will pay for the program many times over—and ensure you have few interruptions to your family’s comfort.