Now that spring has officially started, it’s time to think about your home’s air conditioning system. Even though we may still encounter cold weather ahead—April can spring surprises on us—the mid-year heat will soon be here. You want your AC to be in peak condition to handle hot weather with maximum energy efficiency and minimal operational problems.
The best way to prepare your air conditioning system is to schedule professional maintenance service to give the AC a complete inspection and tune-up.
The Benefits of Keeping Up With AC Maintenance
We always stress with our customers that spring maintenance for an AC isn’t a luxury feature. It’s an annual necessity for an air conditioner to live up to expectations. Keeping up with maintenance each year provides numerous benefits, and below we’ve listed the biggest ones you’ll enjoy.
- Extended Service Life. No AC that suffers from neglect year after year will make it to its estimated service life. In fact, it might not even make it to the halfway point, which could mean having to replace it seven to eight years earlier than you otherwise would. Maintenance will help your air conditioner get to its maximum potential lifespan.
- Reduced Need for Repairs. Maintenance lowers the wear and tear that leads to the majority of malfunctions an AC may face. That saves you time and money, not to mention unpleasantly hot downtime while you wait for technicians to reach your home. Maintenance also catches repairs early, when they’re smaller, so the repairs you may need to have done will likely cost less.
- Better Energy Efficiency. The strain put on an AC season after season will cause it to become less energy efficient. It can lose, on average, 5% of its efficiency each year. But with maintenance, an AC may only lose 5% of its efficiency over its entire service life. You won’t pay more than necessary to have a cool, comfortable home.
- Valid Warranty. The equipment warranty for your air conditioner may only remain in force if the system has professional maintenance each year. This is a vital consumer protection you don’t want to lose.
- Peace of Mind. This may be the best benefit of all—you don’t have to worry during the summer that the AC will fail on you when you need it the most because it went into the season with the best preparation.
Join Our Residential Maintenance Program
You can have great air conditioning maintenance in Bensalem, PA when you sign up for our Residential Maintenance Program. In addition to enjoying all the benefits we listed above, you’ll receive bonuses as a member:
- A 10% discount on repairs
- Priority scheduling and after-hours calls at no additional cost
- Emergency services with no overtime fees
Plus, when you sign up, we’ll give your home a free air check to see how we can improve its indoor air quality. Get in touch with us today to find out more details and to enroll. We’ll get you on the schedule at your earliest convenience.