Now that we have temperatures in the 90’s, the last thing you want to do is replace your AC system. If you find yourself in this situation you don’t want to make a hasty decision based on the temperature and need trustworthy AC repair in Bucks County, you want to be dealing with a trustworthy company such as Dowd Mechanical, Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc.
Here are some helpful tips on how to know you are choosing the right HVAC company.
- Do your homework— Find out about license and insurance requirements for contractors in your area. And before you call a contractor, know the model of your current system and its maintenance history. Also, make a note of any uncomfortable rooms. This will help potential contractors better understand your cooling/heating needs.
- Call references— Ask contractors for references from their customers and call them. Ask about their installation or service performance, and if the job was completed on time and within budget.
- Employees– Ask it they use their employees or subcontract their work?
- Service– Do the offer after hours or emergency service?
- Preventative maintenance– will they contact you to come out in the spring/fall to service the system? This is important because many manufacturers require routine maintenance on the equipment in order to keep the warranty in force.
- Reviews– Check out their online reviews at Google, Angie’s List, or other third-party sites. Go to the BBB and make sure the company is in good standing.
- Find special offers— An HVAC system is one of the largest purchases that you will make when owning a home. Minimize your costs by checking around for different rebates on energy-efficient equipment. Begin your search atenergystar.gov. or peco.com/rebates. Ask if they offer any financing programs.
- Make Sure to Get a Home Evaluation— Your home and system should be thoroughly inspected by your contractor and home to assess your needs. The company you choose should size your system based on the size of your house, windows and level of insulation.
- Get written, itemized estimates— When comparing different bids and proposals, be sure to compare various points such as cost, warranties and energy. The lowest estimate might not always be best if it’s not the most efficient because your energy costs will be higher.
- Get it in ink — Make sure to sign a written proposal with the contractor you choose before they start any work. It’ll protect you by giving specific details such as costs, schedule, warranty information and model numbers.
If you need air conditioning installation in Bucks County areas such as Doylestown and New Hope or any other service, choose a trustworthy HVAC company such as Dowd Mechanical, Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc.