Each HVAC system in your home should be professionally serviced on an annual basis—once in the fall for your heating system and once in the spring for your cooling system. This helps to ensure maximum energy efficiency and improve performance.
What are the benefits of annual HVAC maintenance?
There are many benefits of annual HVAC maintenance, including:
- Improving your energy efficiency
- Reducing system wear
- Achieving a longer system lifespan
- Addressing any minor issues early—before they become major problems down the road
What does annual HVAC maintenance entail?
When it comes to your annual HVAC maintenance, here are some of the things our expert technicians will do:
- The pilot light or electronic ignition is inspected for proper function
- The flue or chimney is inspected for free and safe ventilation
- The heat exchanger and other components are inspected and cleaned to promote efficient heating
- Ductwork is visually inspected for leakage (heating and cooling)
- The filter is replaced or cleaned (heating and cooling)
- Heat-exchanger coils and refrigerant lines are inspected for leaks
- Refrigerant level is measured and charged or reclaimed if necessary within a few ounces of manufacturer specs
- Free airflow is ensured with an inspection and cleaning of the blower/air handler, coils and outside cabinet
Can I service my own heating and cooling systems?
The technical aspects of annual HVAC maintenance require the training and know-how of an HVAC professional. In some cases, as with refrigerant, the law requires a certified heating and cooling pro perform any adjustments. However, there are things you can take care of yourself, such as:
- Changing the air filter
- Keeping vents and registers clear and unblocked
- Keeping the area around the outdoor units clear and free of debris
Schedule your annual HVAC maintenance today!
Don’t wait to schedule your annual HVAC maintenance in Philadelphia, PA! Call Dowd’s Mechanical, Heating & Air Conditioning today at 215-752-3638 or contact us online! We offer: