The last thing you want this summer is to have your air conditioner repaired by a shady, untrustworthy HVAC company. Unfortunately, this is more common than you probably realize. Scores of unsuspecting homeowners are had by slick scammers every summer—they have their AC repaired by some local Joe-schmoe and when things go wrong, the company has vanished!
But how are you supposed to know how to avoid these AC repair scams? That’s where Dowd’s Mechanical, Heating & Air Conditioning comes in! Call us today at 215-607-6448—not only are we fully licensed and insured, we provide a complete guarantee on all our repairs. If you’re not satisfied, neither are we.
Signs of a Possible AC Repair Scam
When you’re looking for reliable AC repair in Bensalem, PA or the surrounding areas, you need to know how to avoid the scammers. Here’s what you need to look out for:
- Little or no professional brochures or information available on their products, services, guarantees, or warranties
- Limited company information available – no website or a simple one-page site
- No proof of insurance or bonding
- No awards, accreditations, or recognitions in the industry – particularly with associations like the Better Business Bureau
- No physical address – you should always be wary of a company that doesn’t have a physical address because they could disappear overnight
- Incredibly low prices – get quotes for your repair from multiple HVAC companies—if one comes up a lot lower than the others, you should throw it out
- High-pressure sales tactics – if the company or technician is trying really hard to scare you or persuade you to make a rash, immediate decision on your work, it’s possible they’re trying to scam you—take the time to get a second opinion
- Unable to provide references – if the company can’t provide references, this is a very bad sign
Hire the HVAC Company You Can Trust in Philadelphia, PA
If you live in the Philadelphia, PA area, call the HVAC company you can trust: Dowd’s Mechanical, Heating & Air Conditioning. Our fully licensed and insured technicians will offer you complete quotes and recommendations about your equipment without trying to upsell you with unnecessary products and services. Do you want to learn more about our company or schedule your AC repair? Contact us today or learn more about our satisfaction guarantees!